Advanced features are available only for licensed users:
* This feature is only available for licensed users (Standard Edition).
** This feature is only available for license holders (Professional Edition).
Log Parser Lizard 6.0Released: 2016-11-22
- * New Sharing Wizard for
easily sharing reports on various cloud drives.
- * New Input Type “Custom
Visual Basic.Net plugin” allows you to create your own input format in Visual Basic .Net
without compiling the code or advanced COM programming (two samples are
- * New
Tree Map view. The new Tree Map data view allows you to visualize data using nested
rectangles that are sized and ordered by a quantitative variable.
- Save/Load Input and
output format properties to/from file
- New series types in Charts. Log Parser Lizard version 6.0 ships with the following new series types:
- Nested Doughnut Chart,
- Scatter Polar Line and Scatter Radar Line,
- Stacked Step Area,
- Full Stacked Step Area,
- Radar Range Area,
- Polar Range Area.
- New Financial and Error Bar Indicators in charts. This release ships with the following new financial indicators:
- Average True Range
- Commodity Channel Index
- Detrended Price Oscillator
- Mass Index
- Median Price
- Moving Average Convergence Divergence
- Rate Of Change (Momentum)
- Relative Strength Index
- Standard Deviation
- Stochastic Indicator
- Triple Exponential Moving Average (TEMA)
- Triple Exponential Moving Average (TriX)
- Typical Price
- Volatility Chaikins
- Weighted Close
- Williams R
- The following Chart Error Bar indicator types are now available in Chart Wizard:
- Fixed -
represents errors as a fixed value.
- Standard Error -
error is calculated as a standard error.
Deviation - error is calculated as a standard deviation.
- Data Source Based - error values are loaded from a data source.
- In LPL 6.x you can obtain chart colors from a datasource. Also new Office
Inspired Chart Palettes include: Blue Warm, Blue, Blue II, Blue Green, Green,
Green Yellow, Yellow, Yellow Orange, Orange, Red, Red Orange, Red, Red Violet,
Violet, Violet II, Median, Paper, Marquee, Slipstream.
- New Chart Designer dialog box is created
as replacement of Chart Wizard (Chart Wizard is still here but you can use
Chart Designer if you find it better)
- Microsoft Excel inspired
dialog to edit Format Rules in data grid.
- Microsoft Excel data
- News in Data Source Wizard for
Dashboard and WYSISIG Report designers that simplifies the process of binding reports to external data source. Our new
Visual Query Builder gives you a powerful and straightforward way to visualize
the structure of SQL queries. The Query Builder displays tables, columns, keys and relationships and offers the user experience found in Microsoft
Access and Visual Studio's Dataset Designer.
Source Wizard now supports Excel and Google Big
Query data source. With this release, you can bind data in Dashboard and Report Designer to several new data sources including Microsoft Excel workbooks and CSV files (a
worksheet, table or named region).
extended the capabilities of our GUI with
additional Office-inspired animations.
user experience has been improved.
- New features in Dashboard Designer: in LPL 6.0, we have extended
filtering capabilities with new filter elements: ComboBox, DropDown with multiselection, ListBox with
multiselection, RadioGroup, TreeView. You can bind
these elements to data source and customize their master filtering options.
Item Group to arrange dashboard items to a separate
group and enable group filtering.
Data to Color Palette in dashboards to associate
individual fields with a color palette to colorize dimension values and
Formatted Data Bars to add data bars to Pivot and Grid cells
and compare measure values corresponding to different categories.
- In LPL 6.0 you can bind the Dashboards to external data from MS SQL Server, Google BigQuery, Microsoft
Excel workbooks and CSV files. The following Excel formats are
supported: XLS, XLSX and XLSM. You can specify the source worksheet, table or
named region from which to obtain data. You can also export dashboard item data
to a file in PDF and MS Excel format.
Grid dashboard item allows you now to add totals to columns. You can manage the
visibility of Totals and Grand Totals for a Pivot dashboard item.
Chart dashboard item allows you to use a logarithmic scale for its Y-axis. New Scatter Chart to visualize relationships between numerical
variables in dashboards also provides a
logarithmic scale for both axes.
Parameters now support multi-selection allowing you to select multiple values
at once. You can also pass a null value as a dashboard parameter.
Local Data Storage Mode (Extract). With
Dashboard's new Local Data Storage mode allows you to save the data snapshot on
a client machine. Local Data Storage means that end-users can now create
offline views and do not need a live connection to the database to interface
with a Dashboard.
- Various improvements
in these Dashboards features: Conditional
Formatting, Calculated Fields on Summary Level, Data Access
Box and Image Dashboard Items can be bound to a Dashboard's data source. This
new feature can be used alongside Master Filtering in order to display specific
information (for instance, a product's description or its image) for the
for bar, stacked bars and full-stacked bars.
- Range Filter in Dashboard Designer – Redesign and Predefined Ranges support.
- Various bug fixes, performance and memory usage optimization. With this release, we've improved the chart, data grid and dashboard performance and optimized memory usage when working with large volumes of data.
Log Parser Lizard 5.6Released: 2016-01-24
- New features in Dashboard Designer: change chart colors, groups, combo box, list box and tree view filters.
- New property Recourse in RegEx and log4net Input formats for searching sub folders.
Log Parser Lizard 5.5Released: 2015-11-17
- Automatically Check for updates every 30 days. New in v5.0.3
- Sample queries from users are added to the installation package. New in v5.0.3
- Create windows tasks from LPL Run properties. New in v5.1.0
- Auto-create ZIP backup files on 10 days. New in v5.1.0
- Various application settings and improvements. New in v5.1.0
- Hyperlink in data grid. New in v5.5.0
- Now you can use LPL in unattended mode (without UI from - Task Scheduler for instance). New in v5.5.0
- New options when running queries with parameters. New in v5.5.0
- Change Query Tab appearance. New in v5.5.0
- External tools. New in v5.5.0:
- Quick Query,
- DB Connection String Builder,
- Report Designer and
- Dashboard Viewer and Designer.
Log Parser Lizard 5.0
- Available in two editions: Standard Edition and Professional Edition (find more info on the site).
- ** Dashboard designer with a number of new features and visualizations (Maps, Charts, Tables, Gauges, Pivot Tables, Cards, etc…). This feature is available only in Professional Edition (15 days FREE trial).
- ** WYSISWG Report Designer also available only in Professional Edition.
- New Input Formats:
- Excel file reader,
- HTML Table reader,
- Microsoft Visual Basic .Net,
- C# .Net,
- Ultimate Dates Table and
- Regular Expression Enhanced.
- Automatically send emails with attachments to default email address.
- Auto run queries.
- Set custom shell command that will execute on double click on the tables cell or row.
- New keyword “--LL PROPS: ” for setting query options in the query. Now you can use different input types in single command (in combination with data set operations GO, MERGE, etc…). You can also put the parameters from a button on a toolbar
- New help documentation.
- Context menu in “All Queries” window.
- New Excel inspired styles in Data Grid (right click on a column for the options)
- Customizable Data Grid, Pivot Grid and column properties
- Improved Excel exporter (grouped rows will be grouped in the Excel too, not just list of all rows)
- A number of other things: help documents, UI improvements, application settings, performance improvements and bug fixes.
- New keywords to merge, join, group queries (these can be very useful since the merged datasets can be used in Dashboards and Reports):
- GO - create tables in single dataset without relation (useful in dashboard and reports)
- MERGE - merge tables in one
- LPL_UNION - same as MERGE
- LPL_INTERSECT - intersection of two tables
- LPL_PRODUCT - product of two tables
- RELATION_ON_FIRST_COLUMN - create tables in single dataset and try to create a relation on first column (must be of same data type)
- RELATION_ON_SAME_COLUMNS - create tables in single dataset and try to create a relation on all columns with same name
- JOIN_ON_FIRST_COLUMN - joins results of two tables in another one on the first column
- JOIN_ON_SAME_COLUMNS - joins tables on the columns with the same name
SELECT DISTINCT EvenetType FROM System
SELECT TOP 1000 * FROM System
Standard edition: have all the features of the Free edition + export or print data in various formats (Excel, PDF, Rtf, Html, etc...) and Pivot Table
Professional edition: have all the features of standard edition + Dashboards and Report Designer
Log Parser Lizard is currently available in two different editions, Standard and Professional. Professional Edition builds on the previous one to offer more functionality. These Editions are designed to meet both your requirements and budget. Please choose one. Depending on what you need at the moment, you can also start with Standard Editions and upgrade later. For more information on the features in both editions, please visit our web site http://www.lizard-labs.com.
You have to choose the type of license you want to use when ordering Log Parser Lizard. A single-user license allows you to install, activate and use Log Parser Lizard on up to two computers, if those computers are used by one user. A site license allows you to install and register this product on up to 60 computers, including servers, within one company site. A company site is defined as a single geographic location or group of locations within one city that are part of a single organization unit administered centrally. One license key is issued to register a site license on all computers. There is a discount when several licenses are bought simultaneously (see the prices bellow).
Purchase 2 or more single user licenses and receive 10%, 15% or 20% off each license. Purchase 2 or more site licenses and receive 20% off each license.
Log Parser Lizard 4.0
- We completely rewrote the user interface to make it easier to explore.
- We completely rewrote the cod editor with much better support for syntax highlighting and auto complete (for MS Logparser and Google BigQuery code).
- Pivot Chart is added in a Pivot Greed window for quick data visualization.
- Numerous other user-interface and performance improvements and minor bug fixes.
Log Parser Lizard 3.5
- Support for Google BigQuery queries. With Google's servers doing all the big data heavy lifting, LPL users will be able to fly through vast data sets with all the visualization options they're accustomed to in the software.
- Bug fixes
Log Parser Lizard 3.0
- * Pivot Grid to analyze for advanced data mining and multi-dimensional analysis.
- New and improved Grid View with a number of new features, including Find Panel, column chooser and advanced filtering dialog.
- New and improved Chart View with advanced Chart Wizard for customizing data series and chart behavior and appearance.
- Command line support.
- Can show MS logparser command line with properties.
- Batch files. Batch files can run from command line and save results to a number of different file formats.
- All Queries form with multithreading support. Run multiple queries and save results to a file. You can also run custom command for each query (to send notifications for instance).
- * Storing queries in SQL server database is now available for single user license holders.
- * Advanced print preview for creating documents and send them by email from Log Parser Lizard.
- Read Androild logcat logs using regular expressions and standard console output. This can also be used by any other console application.
- Support for Log Parser Custom Input Format plugins.
- New TEXT FILE input format. Read all text file as a single record, then extract fields using regular expression.
- * Export data to PDF, RTF, XLS, XLSX, HTML, MHT, CSV, TSV, XML (MS .Net data table) and TXT files.
- Import queries from Log Parser Studio.
- Numerous other user-interface and performance improvements and minor bug fixes.
Log Parser Lizard 2.5
- Conditional column format (color, font, size, image, etc). For instance, you can set the condition to change color of the errors in red, warnings in yellow or to highlight the field if it contains some string.
- *Store queries in SQL Server database for easily share among users and computers in organization (also for backups, auditing and everything that db storage allows). While using local file storage, when a user saves a query, another user has to recreate the same query if he/she wants to use it. With Log Parser Lizard you may save queries in SQL Server database to easily share queries between users. You can setup the database from Settings dialog box
- New and improved Excel style row filtering
- Ability to add columns with Excel style formulas (with most Excel functions)
- Support for exporting in Excel 2007 format (more than 65365 rows).
- Small user interface improvements and minor bug fixes.
Log Parser Lizard 2.1
Support for inline VB.Net code to create LogParser SQL queries. Write the code between <% and %> marks, it will be executed
and result string will be replaced in the query. We believe this feature will be very useful for the users of Log Parser Lizard. For instance,
before parsing logs you can move-copy-rename files, download from FTP, shutdown IIS, etc. You can also use .Net data types like DateTime for
arithmetic operations and/or System.Envirenment settings in query parameters. This is a sample query with inline VB.Net code:
'Do something here, for instance System.IO.File.Copy("c:\DailyLogs\*.log", "c:\AllLogs")
SELECT TOP 100 * FROM #IISW3C#
date >= '<% RETURN DateTime.Today.AddDays(-7).ToString("yyyy-MM-dd")%>' -- last week
The resulting query from this sample would be:
SELEC TOP 100 * FROM #IISW3C# WHERE time >= #2011-10-01# -- last week
- New "Save Query As" command to easily copy existing queries
- New option to display exact Logparser SQL query to help debugging queries who are using in-line VB.Net, constants and snippets
- Charts use color palette (till now random colors were used do paint charts)
- User-interface and performance improvements and minor bug fixes.
Log Parser Lizard 2.0
- Improved SQL code editor with enhanced source navigation and analysis capability, syntax-highlighting, automatic source code completion, method insight, undo/redo, bookmarks and more.
- Support for Facebook Query Language (FQL)
- Code snippets (code templates)
- Log Parser Lizard "constants" binding to static/shared properties from Microsoft .Net
- Now you can save MS Logparser output format properties for future use.
- Numerous other user-interface and performance improvements and minor bug fixes.
- Microsoft .Net 3.5 is required
Log Parser Lizard 1.0
- Great looking Office 2010 style GUI for MS log parser
- Tabbed results allows multiple queries to be run and compared
- Contains a repository for saved queries, allowing you to organize your collection
- Show results in data grid (filtering, sorting, grouping, etc…)
- Allows column sorting, showing different views of the data without re-running the query (a big time saver when working with gigabytes of logs)
- Includes an advanced grid option that gives Excel-like filtering capabilities and the ability to doAverages, Counts, Max, Min, and Sum equations on the fly
- Simple interface for building charts
- Show result in all kinds of chart types (line, pie, bar, column, doughnut, area, 2D and 3D charts, etc…)
- * Export results in Excel
- * Save reports in PDF and XPS
- * Save char images
- Print log parser reports
- Support for query constants (defines)
- Abstracts away from command line parameters allowing the user to focus solely on SQL queries
- Support for multiline (log4net) and regex (regular expressions) input formats
- Support for Т-SQL for SQL Server queries helps maintain db admin scripts from one place.
- Support for OLEDB database connections